Upstate Caring Partners’ vision is to empower people through exceptional opportunities. We provide services linking job seekers and employers together in order to help individuals build and maintain the careers of their choice.
We work collaboratively with ACCES-VR, the Office of Mental Health (OMH), the Office of People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD), and the Department of Labor to provide employment services to people of all abilities. We offer support services, when needed or requested, that enable the employee to meet the employers’ standards and expectations.
We are staffed by a team of Employment Specialists who are committed to providing excellent job matches and meeting the unique needs of area businesses. We maintain a diverse pool of job seekers whose qualifications range from entry-level through professional.
Vocational & Employment Services provides supports that enhance the placement and job retention process:
- Resume writing
- Job search training
- Interview training and support
- Vocational assessment
- Career development
- Skill training
- Travel training
- Short-term job supports
- Long-term job supports
- Development of natural supports
- TRAID – Technology Related Assistance for Individuals with Disabilities
Benefits to Employers
Do you own a business in Central New York? We are an employment service that takes an individualized approach to successful placements, matching employers’ needs to applicants’ skills and experience.
As an employer, businesses will have access to a pool of qualified applicants. In some circumstances, on-site support of the employee will be provided at no cost by trained professionals with a commitment to the company’s standards and expectations. Employers will also have access to resources to assist with the resolution of any issues that may arise throughout the duration of the person’s employment. Employers will receive work incentives that include federal and/or state tax credits and 100% reimbursement of employee wages for a limited time.
Benefits to Job Seekers
Upstate Employment Associates is committed to excellence and dedicated to helping people build and maintain the careers of their choice. This is a free service for qualified individuals – services are completely covered through ACCESS-VR, OMH, and OPWDD funding sources. Additional benefits to the person include:
- Vocational planning and counseling to identify and achieve meaningful job placement
- Individualized assessment and placement are based on the individual’s skills, interests, and abilities.
- Placement services that focus on an individual’s career path
- Ongoing supports (consisting of intensive and long-term job coaching) are available to those who need them
- On-the-job advancement training
- Assistance with building positive relationships with employers and co-workers
- Benefits advisement
For more information on Vocational & Employment Opportunities call us at (315) 725-2181
Building Abilities & Skills for Employment (BASE)
Upstate Caring Partners offers pre-employment transition services for students with disabilities between the ages of 14 and 21. Students are given tools to explore different areas of work environments through community partnerships and skill development training sessions. Students will have the opportunity to speak with professionals in their field of interest and develop on-site social and independent skills in an integrated community setting.
Five Pre-Employment Transition Services Offered Through B.A.S.E.:
- Job Exploration Counseling
- Work-Based Learning Experiences
- Counseling on Post-Secondary Options
- Workplace Readiness Training
- Instruction in Self-Advocacy
To be eligible students must:
- Be enrolled in an educational program and be eligible for IEP, 504, or have a documented disability
- Not have an open case with ACCES-VR
For more information on B.A.S.E. call us at (315) 725-2181