Aqua Buddies combines aquatics, exercise, social skill development and therapy with a recreational approach. This program is designed for children ages 4 to 14 with special needs and is run by a recreation therapist and certified water safety instructor, with two life guards on duty.
Children in the Aqua Buddies program experience many benefits, including:
- Developing core muscle strength, large muscle strength and coordination
- Promoting cognitive processing of multi-step directions
- Providing an opportunity for relaxation and respite
- Providing an opportunity for continuous motion of large muscle groups and motor exercise
- Building individual strengths for self-esteem
- Promoting positive interactions through social experiences
- Introducing water safety skills
- Developing leisure and physical activity skills
If you are interested in receiving an Aqua Buddies application, or would like more information, please contact Patty Sidoran at 315.789.4006 or email@example.com.