Aqua Buddies combines aquatics, exercise, social skill development and therapy with a recreational approach. This program is designed for children ages 4 to 14 with special needs and is run by a recreation therapist and certified water safety instructor, with two life guards on duty.
Children in the Aqua Buddies program experience many benefits, including:
- Developing core muscle strength, large muscle strength and coordination
- Promoting cognitive processing of multi-step directions
- Providing an opportunity for relaxation and respite
- Providing an opportunity for continuous motion of large muscle groups and motor exercise
- Building individual strengths for self-esteem
- Promoting positive interactions through social experiences
- Introducing water safety skills
- Developing leisure and physical activity skills
If you are interested in receiving an Aqua Buddies application, or would like more information, please call Stephanie Richard, Community Services Coordinator, at (315) 749-3341 or email@example.com.